2021 All-Florida Advocacy Days Program
Be sure to join us for the 2021 All-Florida Advocacy Days program on October 19-20, 2021 in Tallahassee, Florida. The program provides insights into effective strategic advocacy and networking, featuring presentations by Florida legislators, American College of Surgeons leaders, and Florida lobbyists. This event provides members who are new to advocacy and the legislative process an important opportunity to go to Tallahassee and see the process in action. Simultaneously, this event is used to schedule visits with legislators to educate them on surgical issues and how they can help protect patients.
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
6:00-7:00 PM: Reception
7:00-9:00 PM: Evening Program
- 7:00-7:05 PM: Wecome Remarks
- 7:05-7:45 PM: Keynote Legislative Speakers
7:45-7:55 PM: Legislative Prioritization for the Practice of Surgery in Florida - John E. Mullinax, MD, FACS
- Primary: Stop the Bleed
- Scope of Practice
- Prior Authorizations
- 7:55-8:10 PM: Conversation: How to Be an Effective Surgeon Advocate?
- 8:10-8:25 PM: Florida Surgical Update - Christopher L. Nuland, Esq.
- 8:25-8:50 PM: Discussion: Joint Advocacy Agenda for Florida Surgical Specialties
- 8:50-9:00 PM: Reviewing the "Ask"
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Committee Hearings & Legislative Visits
8:30-9:00 AM: Walk to the Florida State Capitol & Security
8:00-8:30 AM: Breakfast
- Stop the Bleed Training
- As Scheduled: Legislative Visits
- As Scheduled: Committee Hearings
Be sure to make your hotel reservations today. Options include:
Please RSVP below. Address is required to support setting up meetings with constituent legislators.